Man bitten while fishing for shark off Irish coast

admin

Administrator
Staff member
This is ridiculous scaremongering/clickbait - stop it! If you catch a shark (and why would you want to do that?) expect to be bitten as the poor thing tries to defend itself. Why is the BBC trying to stir up hatred and fear of sharks?

I'd like profile, please add me on messenger.

Brillia Rodriguez you are going after the wrong demographic.

Question is, which shark was It?
Baby shark, mummy shark, daddy shark, or even one of the grandparents?!
It's like marine Cluedo!

"We are not trying to panic anyone" with our news head line, but if you read deeper, you will find it was actually an angling incident! Usual sensationalism designed to make the incident sound news worthy.

Wow.. so a man goes into a sharks habitat , tries to lure it out and catch it, ends up getting bit! You’re surprised because???

obviously a Brexiteer.. biting off more than it can chew.

apparently it was more of a fishing accident than a shark attack. Still a serious injury however and I hope the guy is ok. Don't suppose it ended well for the shark either.

"It is understood the man was angling for sharks and had been trying to unhook one of the fish when he was bitten."
Well then being bitten is the risk you take...?

And I thought the BBC where above clickbait headlines. It was a fishing accident not some real life Jaws tale.

A more suiting headline would be “shark hunter gets bitten by a shark...” don’t know what he expected really?

When are headlines going to do the story justice. No wait that's too boring I mean who would read it if a headline says a wild animal did what it's meant to do x.

A man went fishing for sharks and was bitten by one he was trying to land ... how on earth is this news?

Man bitten while fishing for shark off Irish coast.JPG

More the point - why would anyone panic ?

I’m dying to know, was it Daddy, mummy or baby?

Click bait headline! Shame on you BBC!
Serves the eejit right!!

I think the BBC need to change the headline to Angler bitten by shark in self defence!!

Hilarious sensationalism BBC. You know the old Chinese saying. If you play with sharks you are going to get bitten!

Sharks might evolve one day and invade our lands.

Was it a Baby Shark do do doo do or Mommy Shark do do doo do or possibly Grandma Shark do do doo do or more likely Grandpa Shark do do doo do.