Firefighters battling a blaze on Sunday at the 200-year-old National Museum of Brazil in Rio de Janeiro

admin

Administrator
Staff member
The victims are all of us Brazilians, who suffer with the devaluation of culture and education. Neglecting historical-cultural heritage and science takes away our National Museum. Incredible, unacceptable ... Too painful!

It was suffering from budget cuts since 2014, if I am remebering right.

This is so awful!! I'm so sorry!!

Joyce, I am so sorry to see the destruction of yet another museum and the treasures of Brazilian history and art.

For those who make fun of such a tragedy, some of us as children had our history and world history brought to life by school field trips to the museum. I will forever remember the Pompeii and King Tut Exhibits.

Books are one thing, but when you actually SEE the artifacts, it brings the lessons and history to life.

This is a tragedy on the world and of course directly at the Brazilian culture. I can’t even put into words of how devastating this loss is.

This is the prelude of Brazil's fate. We're all drowning over here.

omg, that's just so sad.

Heart wrenching for a nation. A museum preserves the cultural soul of a people, spanning a multitude of generations. To have it consumed by flames is a great loss that will span a multitude of generations.

As a public historian I am so devastated to see this.

So painful to see this. What a sad day for Brazil!

Firefighters battling a blaze on Sunday at the 200-year-old National Museum of Brazil in Rio d...JPG

It's a devastating loss. I'm heartbroken.

This was an amazing place to visit. What a tragedy.

Uma tragédia! Nós brasileiros estamos desolados, perdemos parte da nossa história, da nossa memória. Dia triste.

The museum burns with 518 years of our failed nation.

My heart just sank deeper than the earth. I’m so sorry this happened.

The Brazilian Government is guilty for this fire!

Soooo sad. I'm feeling heartbroken.
Was an amazing place. Our memories now are just ashes...Oh my!!

Omg. This is so sad. I’m sorry for the loss of your national treasures.

Wow would suck if possible disgruntled employees caused this.

How do you not have a better system to take care of fires like this!?

It’s so sad seeing part of our history and culture burning to the ground.

I am not being sarcastic when I say sorry for your loss. This is terrible.

WTF! National treasures lost forever. Public buildings such as this must have cutting edge fire suppression technology. Devastating loss.

We shall never forget 2010 when the Ugandaz Kasubi Tombs where the Kings are buried caught fire
🔥... Buganda lost alot of history that day.