Woman who spent £16m in Harrods revealed

admin

Administrator
Staff member
So she bought a jacket and perfume then?

I bought some caviar for the first time ever in Galeries Lafayette last week. My unexplained wealth has to be explained to my wife, never mind the authorities.

How sad for the people of Azerbaijan. They have nothing and these people have no compassion for their own people. I wouldn’t be able to live with the guilt of robbing my own people if this were me..... happens too often around the world!

If it was innocent she would just provide evidence of how the wealth was obtained, surely. Therefore the fact it is being disputed would lead one to believe that there has been some wrongdoing.

From all the corruption that goes on in this country, they have the nerve to go after "specific" individuals whilst according to the BBC over £100 Billion Qatari investment in London HQ of the Muslim brotherhood.."non corrupt money"??? During the Libyan revolution over 2 Dozen Muslim brotherhood leaders escaped to London and were given immunity taking with them Billions and have links to Qatar....and still the BBC goes after this women who I expect over %90 of the people have heard about her for the first time here. Double standards...disgusting.

This needs to happen in the US. Let’s start with our new Justice.

Uhm... I spent almost £240 there last December, and £125 the November before that. I hope these UWO people don’t come after me.

It's pretty simple to show where your wealth is from if you have earnt it legitimately.... This couple clearly haven't.

So the government gave her a visa as she is a wealthy investor and then want to investigate her for spending a shed load of cash. Like Harrods would give a car park space to any one let alone two.

Issue visas based on wealth? What about the people fleeing from countries at war fearful for their families lives? We want to send them home? Something sadly wrong with this government!

NCA must investigate Mrs. Duarte, "Karime Macias" who lives in London. She is from Mexico her husband is in jail, he was Veracruz st governor's steal and embezzle public funds. (Changing treatment for cancer , giving destilate water to patients).

Sure it was corrupt money from her husband. But investigated after granting her an investment visa? why didn't they investigate source of the money when she applied for the visa in the first place?!

This kind of policy will just push foreign investors away from Britain. Allowed them first invested then after question the source of income. Its kind of scam from the British government.

My only time in there and I got a Harrods points card when buying jelly babies. I got alot of points...

Sounds similar to how Capone was eventually brought to justice. If they were already under suspicion, and with the husband's prior history, it was inevitable they'd be caught for something. Seems she could have diversified a bit though. All of that at Harrod's? She lacked initiative and imagination.

I'm glad this order has been introduced. This is a vulgar about of money to be spent when only streets away people are homeless! Knocks me sick x.

There's too much concern for unexplained wealth but no concern for unexplained poverty.

The total obscenity of this level of wealth, spent profligately, whether acquired legally, or not, just beggars belief. The case sounds valid, and I can only hope that it will result in convictions, which will involve confiscation of their ill-gotten wealth, and severe jail-time. It would also be good if it sparked off more investigations of a similar nature.

Only picking on her to set an example. It will be the working classes that will suffer next. We will have to prove where we got the money from to buy our crisps next.

What the hell is wrong with this country? She shouldn’t have to explain a thing. Just because she’s very wealthy and can afford to spend this amount of money, everyone’s a doubting Thomas and nosy at that! If you won £40m on the Euromillions lottery and spent £16m, and then got questioned about the spending, wouldn’t you be peeved? This person could’ve easily been someone famous spending the £16m. This reveal has only come to light because the public poked their nose in and demanded to know the details - now its opened up a can of worms for her to explain things.

Woman who spent £16m in Harrods revealed.JPG

Honestly, this country is pathetic at times and privacy invasion is becoming more common.

Sorry, but only foreigners? Fair enough no one wants anyone in their country laundering money. But what about all those Brits who do the same thing?

£16m ? shame they stopped green shield stamps, she could have wallpapered her home and Windsor Castle with the stamps. or given them to me and i'd get a toaster and kettle with them.

If it would be me, i would say sorry and promise that in future my money would be spent in the galleries lafayette.

Are there any teach yourself books on fraud and embezzlement?
I've been living within my means for decades but I feel I deserve better.