Wildfires leave parts of British Columbia with some of the planet's worst air

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I live in Northeastern Minnesota and even we are experiencing smoke/bad air quality from the BC fires 1800+ miles (2900+km) away!

You can message me.

It might be from the CA fires as well. I'm in MI and we are getting smoke from CA
:( the sky is so gray.

It's carried as far as the UK.

Leeann Almanza The local news/weather people say it’s from Canada. We’re probably farther north than you so maybe that’s the difference.

Im down near detroit and the news said Ca, but who knows probably a bit of both. either way, been feeling crappy. I can't imagine how all you people in the west are feeling and what you all are going through.

I wish I live there.

I’m in Minneapolis and you can smell it here. We’ve had air advisories and we are very far away.

I'm in Hong Kong and we are having a bad pollution season right now as well, even schools have sent an email advising they won't have outdoor activities today.

BC girl here. I'm from around Vancouver and we not only have smoke from our BC fires but we also have the smoke coming up from Washington State and California. I pray all these fires get under control.

My son and his family live in the Fraser Valley an hour out of Vancouver; the inhabitants in their community have been advised to stay indoors.

Our air quality was listed as worse than Delhi today.

I live in the Fraser Valley, the past couple of days have been particularly bad.

I am shutting myself in till it's gone. my house has never been so clean LOL. where did our mountains go in the Fraser Valley.

I'm in Hong Kong and we are having a bad pollution season right now as well, even schools have sent an email advising they won't have outdoor activities today.

During our last few days of a holiday on Vancouver island we had plenty of smoke. Leaving to fly back to the mainland after takeoff nothing was visible from the sky.

we have an air quality scale of 1-10, 10 being really bad. most areas have eclipsed 10 + IT IS BAD, Really Bad! very hard on elderly & those with health problems. I saw a guy riding a bike this morning, pull out an asthma puffer at a stop sign... he was struggling for air.

I live a hour and a half from the BC border and our air quality alert is at 'RED'. My daughter and I were going to go for a walk but even our mailman said, "Stay inside, it's not good for anyone out here."

I live in Victoria and can usually look across the ocean to Port Angeles, WA no problem from my deck. Now I can barely see the water between us. Visibility in total from 4 stories up is less than a KM.

Can we all just pray that wherever we live we can breathe fresh air again and not worry about a fire in our back or front yard.
It’s been another long dry summer.
Fire doesn’t care about any borders.

A major worry for me...most homes where Euan and family live are wooden.....if the forest on the heights above them catches fire .....trying not to think how bad it could get.

This has spead to Washington state, the valley that Orting lies in has been filled with smoke for 2 days. We are advised to stay indoors.

Google Seattle's Space Needle panoramic live webcam to get a better idea than these still shots. Probably marginally better than our Canadian neighbors' air to the north.

The wind has been bringing it down into Montana too...gets added to our own and it's pretty miserable being outside.

Wildfires leave parts of British Columbia with some of the planet's worst air.JPG

It’s terrible! Some cities north/east of Vancouver appear pitch black during the day because of so much smoke.

Air quality conditions in parts of British Columbia are currently among the worst in the world.

How does this air quality rate in relation to Beijing or Delhi during their bad periods? I was curious since I have one Facebook friend in Spokane WA and one in Beijing.

They should stop burning down their forests.. and if lightning strikes, they should develop lightning rods to stop that from happening. I live less that 100 miles from the border and can hardly breathe.

I live in the lower mainland (of Vancouver) and we haven't seen blue skies in weeks because of the smoke. We have our brave, brave firefighters exhausted, firefighters have come from all across Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, AU and our Armed Forces are here too. They are all doing there best but there is over 500 fires in a province twice the size of California.

No rain in the foreseeable future here either. I have no idea how the fire fighters deal with this smoke and heat when a few hundred kms away from any active fire the smoke is making my eyes and lungs sting.