Why does the UK have hot and cold taps?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Carpets in bathrooms and washing machines in kitchens are another couple of things that baffle my Swedish friends.

Dustbins outside front doors? Pull cords instead of light switches? Some British things baffle people from overseas.

Where else do you put a washing machine??

Our is in the bathroom on a tiled floor that has wet room drainage. Any leaks no massive flooding.

Who puts carpet in a bathroom lol.

Yuck carpets in bathroom. Why some people do this I don't know. In the kitchen as well. Ridiculous.

Tbf, I'm British and carpets in the bathroom baffle me as well.

Most people I know have either floor tiles or Lino in their bathrooms. It’s more the older generation who have carpets, my mum was one of them.

if I put the washing machine in my bathroom I wouldn't be able to get in it the room.

Carpets in bathrooms should baffle everyone, not just swedes. As for me, carpets baffles me in any room…

Washing machines in kitchens is left over from doing your washing by hand in the kitchen and due to not having electrical appliances in the bathroom. After all washing machines are designed to cope with water on the inside, not the outside.
As for hygiene, you probably wore all those dirty clothes in the kitchen before you took them off...

Where's a washing machine supposed to go??? The kitchen is the only place it will fit! Who would want one in the lounge lol.

Why does the UK have hot and cold taps..JPG

One for hot and one for cold.

Some are mixer some are not mixer.

Yeah, but why not a combined tap?

I hate mixer taps , especially the ponsy ones with no markings for which way is hot/cold. If they are marked it’s so finely etched you can’t see. Good old fashion hot and cold separate taps are great, and at least if one leaks they are generally cheaper and easier to fix.

God i just love burning my skin off under the hot tap when washing my hands.

Mansplaining at its best.

First time I was in London, overnight flight, checked into hotel room bleary eyed, looked at shower fixtures and stared for thirty seconds thinking: how the hell does this work?

Bins are in the front cause in this picture they are terraced houses and how else would the bin men take them if they are at the back?
Cord is safety so you dont touch switch directly maybe giving you shock with wet hands.
Seperate taps i thought cause before we used to fill the sink and the water was shared as it was limited.so you could make sink the right temp.

Let me answer that.... Cause you are weird!!!! And I live there.....