Why Crazy Rich Asians could never please all

admin

Administrator
Staff member
No film can achieve that.

Not every Asian is going crazy over Crazy Rich Asians.

The lion king did.

Hyenas were not pleased because they were shone in a negative light and insects didn’t think eating of them should be encouraged.

I wish I was a crazy rich Asian.

Well you got the crazy part.

I’m Asian and i don’t like it. The movie is trying too hard, nothing new to the plot. I don’t see important value with this kind of film, it’s too shallow.

Its title ought to be more of "Crazy Rich Chinese"...Asia comprise of so many others too ...like for example "Indians", "Indonesians"..etc who are Asians too.

Agree!!! Asia itself is multiracial. I’m at 50/50 wanting to watch this
🤷‍♀️First 50 goes to Henry. So proud of him being a Malaysian acting his first time in such big role. Overall, I think this movie is tad bias.

It's a lovely film, and being married to someone who is Taiwanese and Chinese, I empathized a lot with what the main character had to go through. The expectations when marrying the only son of the family are enormous and basically impossible to meet.

While I can see how the representation may not encompass all, there are similarities in many Asian cultures where HiSo (high society) groups exist. They are exactly this - flashy, completely disjointed from “reality” and spoiled. This exists even in Caucasian groups globally. This doesn’t represent Asians as a whole but it certainly does bring more representation to the table. It’s also nice to see an Asian man (albeit a half Asian man) cast in a leading role and as a sex symbol. I wouldn’t say this makes leaps and bounds but a small start is better than no start. While stereotypes may still be perpetrated, the fact is that the stereotype is certainly true for some in that culture. No portrayal will ever be relatable to everyone, especially not when centred around a niche demographic of the insanely wealthy.

Hmmm, I thought it was tremendously slow and dry in some parts. The cinematography was breath taking, and all the actors did great. I just felt like it was off the mark a bit.

Why Crazy Rich Asians could never please all.JPG

I'm Asian and I LOVE IT!!!

That's nice, I love Asia ladies, can we be friends?

Really? All asians aren’t going crazy over one movie?! It’s almost as if they’re all different people with a variety of tastes.

China, Chinese, Asia is all different.

The title is kinda “exclusivist” ...like selling a blue book just-mainly or more for blue people.... idkwis.

Best movie I have seen in a long while. Well written, filled with humour, and great acting.

It's a wonderful movie. It doesn't matter if a few people cavill at it.

I loved the books and am looking forward to seeing the movie... But...
They still picked a Eurasian man to be the lead male character. The charming, handsome, irresistible Nick and they picked someone who is half British.
I’m not even asian and that bugs me.
A lot of Eurasian men don’t identify as being asian as their main identity and for so long asian men have been demasculated in mainstream culture.
If this is supposed to be about getting films made about Asians and putting Asians into leading roles why pick someone Eurasian?

So here we go with a quote that says "you cant please everyone".

Nevertheless Gonna be great. I expect nothing less.

I really enjoyed the movie, it was great to see something different. Loved Nora Lum aka Awkwafina.

Come to Vancouver for Crazy Rich Asians IRL!

I'm sure the filmmakers were going for that, pleasing every Asian.

It’s plot is similar to every 1990’s Bollywood movie.

Of course not. No show pleases everyone.