What to do if you're attacked by a swarm of wasps

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I was walking behind a girl who trod in a wasps nest when I was little. They came up and swarmed all over me. My dad had to dunk me in a lake to get rid of them. I had awful reactions to the stings. It has left me with a real phobia of them (which unfortunately I have passed on to my kids
šŸ˜©) Really pisses me off when people say ā€œjust leave it alone and youā€™ll be fineā€ or ā€œitā€™s just a wasp.ā€
No one tells someone with a phobia of spiders ā€œoh itā€™s just a little Tarantula, get over it.ā€ A phobia is a phobia regardless of whether it is a wasp, a bee or heights!

Iā€™m terrified of both wasps and spiders and it really annoys me! I donā€™t want to be a big pansy all the time, I wish there was a cure for irrational phobias.

I can relate so much to your words. I have a crippling phobia of wasps, but people just don't understand it, they assume you are overreacting for attention or something. It is so frustrating!

I know how you feel. I'm trying very hard not to pass on my fear to my 2 year old but unfortunately i had a panick attack after getting her away from one that stung her. First time i actively forced myself towards a wasp and it was awful.

I detest wasps. Bees I can live with wasps are like their mafioso family that they could do without.

I bought a electrocuting tennis racquet. Itā€™s very satisfying to hear the crack and see the mini lightning bolt as the flying menace rides the lightning.

What to do if you're attacked by a swarm of wasps.JPG

I have one of those, too. In fact, a few months ago a big, red devil wasp got into my bedroom but I couldnā€™t find that tennis racket and had to spray insecticide. I instantly bought a new racket on Amazon. That was in Austin, TX.

Two weeks ago I packed up my car with whatever would fit, and drove to Seattle to start a new life.

And you BET I brought that new racket with me. Thankfully, though, itā€™s a lot cooler up here so Iā€™m hoping I wonā€™t need that magical tennis racket as much.

You run in a big circle, it disorientates them.

Don't wave your arms, don't jump into water as they'll only wait on you getting back out and don't play dead as wasps won't be fooled. There is no real answer on what to really do.

A can of hairspray and a lighter does the trick for me.

I was nearly killed by wasps as a child. Last summer manged to cut ones head straight off, mid flight with a machete. No joke.

Spark up a cig. .. oh I forgot hardly anyone smokes any more. Us smokers don't worry about wasps or vitamin d deficiency. Lol.