Walkers crisp packets recycling scheme announced

admin

Administrator
Staff member
they could make the packets a quarter of the size they are now for all the 6 or so crisps you get in there now.

No one is gunna take the time to save up all there empty crisp packets and place them all in an envelope and go and post them in the letter box. Absolutely no way.. Just sayin.

Why can't they just produce packaging that can be put in our usual recycling bins? This seems such a roundabout way of doing it.

It's a start but I still feel it's not enough they need to pack their crisps in totally recyclable packaging !! As do a lot of manufacturer's.

Great idea! Just need to encourage all those lazy people who can't be bothered to walk further than the ends of their noses! I recycle as much as I can, no excuse these days for not doing so.

We are doing this for decades now and do not need to post it. It's collected by the garbage collectors every fortnight. Thought you had similar standards in the UK by now.

It’s a shame people aren’t as pro active when it comes to other issues that affect us on a daily basis...

Brilliant idea, recycle the plastic to be made into other things and will accept other brands. Wish the council would do this with all plastic food packaging!

Doesnt the bbc report some Bulshlit . . .but that's what you do when your strings are being pulled
🤔
🤫
😁
😀
🤫
😀
😁
🤫I love it , I can smell their fear from here . .

The all important question is
What will happen to the crisp packets after collection?
We’ve been told crisp packets are un-recyclable do Walkers Crisps know different?

Not sure how this will help as councils won't accept any materials that are considered contaminated by food product, I doubt people will be washing their crisp packets before putting in their recycling bins! It's the same with some of the changes supermarkets have made, have noticed that both Tesco and asda have switched from using some plastics to cardboard in their fresh pizzas but since the cardboard is considered contaminated as it has touched the food products it still can't be recycled!

Why not make crisp packets recyclable in the first place so we can just put them in our recycling bins at home... Just a thought.

Wish they would copy this in the U.S! All these individual packaged food items, it’s truly thrash accumulating.

Walkers crisp packets recycling scheme announced.JPG

Shame post office don't recycle there elastic bands.

Why not just make the packets from waxed paper and it will compost ?

Just make the packets biodegradable in the first place.

Thought we already had air recycling technology?

Cool. The majority of our non recycling waste is plastic crisp bags and multipack packets...

What will they turn the envelopes into ?

I didn't realise I couldn't put them in with the recycling.