'Trump alert': US mobile phone owners get test message

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thank GOD his face didn’t pop up during the alert, otherwise I’d have a broken iPhone.

Only alert I need is when he's out of office.

Tyler Lynn Cloherty I use the SMS app called Textra and I was able to blacklist that number.

I'm concerned about the conflict between the last sentence of the alert - "No action is needed" - and the fact that I had to tap a button to confirm that I had seen the message. Is my number now registered in some system?

Clearly, if you got a text, you’re in a system that stores and shares your info. I feel like we should have to sign up for any 3rd parties to have access to texting me, like pharmacies and websites, like Joanne fabric or holiday rewards.

How Trumplebuttkin will use the alert system:

"I like burgers"
"My cat's breath smells like cat food"
"I'm helping"
"There are moonrocks in my nose"
"I like my crayons. They taste of wax"
"I'm going to play wigglepuppy now"..... . . .

Just a suggestion - maybe if the header said FEMA TEST instead of presidential alert, more people would take it seriously.

Comes up "Presidential Alert" big and bold and then "emergency alert" small under it. Very misleading on what the hell it was supposed to be. Oddly enough my kid did not get one on their phone.

It’s not just US mobile owners. I got it as I’m in the States and my Vodafone service was handed over to a US carrier on arrival.

I didn't get a picture, just the noise. It freaked my cat out and raised me out of my chair. I feel duly alerted now. Truly.

I turned off alerts and it came through anyone. Someone had his phone off and the alert came through. I don’t anyone having my # if I’m not the one giving it out.

They say that "regular tests" might be a good idea...

A Christmas message every year would be a good test, and friendly too.

I didn't get an alert, but half my office did. I am wondering if I didn't get it because I was on WiFi...I'm curious what the carrier delivery mechanism was...via data channel or mobile channel or was it drug educed?

I just put my iPhone on “DO NOT DISTURB” and I just did not get the alert until much later and it only showed up like a missed call.

It came up on the U.K. mobile I have with me in North Carolina. Hope I don’t get charged for a text message! Must admit it made me jump as I had forgotten it was happening and didn’t think it would affect my phone .

It's FEMA, not Fema. And I'm seriously grateful that they are testing this. It's a good idea and should be used.

thanks God mine didn't come with a picture... that would have been an early halloween.

There are air raid sirens for missile notifications (thanks to the cold war) and as far as natural disasters go. . . where I live, by the time my phone tells me anything, I'll already be dealing with it. I really don't need a narcissistic imbecile to toss me paper towels.

It will really help hostage victims when their phone goes off giving away their location.

And it was so extra. A seriously loud noise, louder than Amber alert while I’m driving down the road. More startling that it needed to be. Shut up fool.

Friends -and Facebook for collection, analysis, and sale...

More to the point, “this is unnecessary,” and an inappropriate invasion of the long suffering American public’s privacy.

I got the alert four times today, on an Australian phone with no US SIM card. How does that work ?

OMG if it were actually a picture of his face I would have broken my phone.

I got it. I knew exactly what it was and didn’t get offended by it. Maybe y’all should try not being so easily upset.

It's not a trump alert it's a FEMA alert get it right BBC.

... Hey, BBC? Whoever photoshopped Trump onto that phone? Tell them to try and get lessons from skillshare.

Yeah, I immediately took a shower.

'Trump alert' US mobile phone owners get test message.JPG

BBC, It did not say "Trump Alert." Don't put that in quotes bc it isn't accurate. It said Presidential Emergency Alert. Whatever the purpose-right or wrong-I'm not debating that. But when you put something in quotes, you better be able to prove it.

This happened while I was traffic and almost caused an accident in front of me as people slowed down to check why their phones were screaming at them.

What do you think about the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre? I'll be honest, I'm dead against it.

"There wasn't any particular reason for this test. Just making sure emergency communications are working.

Republicans and other conservative politicians would never resort to fear as a method of influencing voters. This test was not in any way designed to remind you that the world is a scary place, and you absolutely will not get any additional reminders along these lines as the voting day draws near. Trust me.

Trust me."

Wow. Its a presidential alert. Enacted in 2009 by Obama. And its only purpose is to test the system designed to reach citizens in crisis situations. God forbid our country tries to give us heads up/protect us. Just like the red button in the white house, its only for a crisis emergency. Just like in each state we get automatic amber alerts for missing children. Somethings are meant to help others. But thats not important.