The troubled 29-year-old helped to die by Dutch doctors

admin

Administrator
Staff member
This is completely and utterly wrong. This will influence people that are already suicidal! Plus , imagine how damaging this would be to those that lost loved ones to suicide.

Even though she was like this for years, she should have still continued to seek help instead of giving into this. Shame on those doctors - they profited from a clearly vulnerable person who was not able to think rationally. I hope this doesn't become a precedent.

If anyone is feeling like this, it's TEMPORARY but suicide is PERMANENT. You ARE loved; the voices in your head are LIES. God made you unique, individual and for a purpose (I've struggled with mental health and He's the reason I choose to continue; my own human strength is feeble in comparison).

Seek out support from those you love, they won't mind. Most of all, life is too short, take care of yourselves and God bless.

Auerlia Brouwes was helped to die, legally - but she was not terminally ill.

emporary? When she'd been like this since before she was 12? How long is "temporary" to you?

The troubled 29-year-old helped to die by Dutch doctors.JPG

If life is that unbearable for a person they should have the right to decide whether to continue to live or not.

Suicide is a horrible and lonely way to die. You are alone, you most likely haven’t had the opportunity to say goodbye to the people you love as you fear they will talk you out of it, it’s painful and sometimes it doesn’t work.

Obviously after trying each and every avenue of help either through therapeutic intervention, or medication for a significant amount of time, and if their problems are crippling for them on a daily basis despite this...

I would much rather the thought of someone having several months worth of clinical assessments to decide if they have ‘capacity’ to make that decision, they have a chance to say goodbye to their loved ones, they are in a clinical environment possibly surrounded by their family and it is a certain death without pain.

Just seems more humane.

People are more comfortable with the thought of terminally ill doing this. However, why should a mentally crippling condition be viewed any less significant.

If they have tried everything to help with their mental heath, treatment like therapy and medication and still every day is torture for them, who are we to say that’s wrong?

These clinics do psychological tests before the come to the conclusion that someone can have this help.

It is absolutely disgusting that this is allowed. I watched the video and it makes me feel repulsed that the lady and the undertaker talked so casually about her planning to die. This young woman was clearly very mentally ill and needed professional help, not euthanasia. Many people who are terminally ill can't make the choice to continue living even though they would love to.

Did she at least try the possibility of meeting and experiencing Jesus Christ here on earth?, or even trying Cannabis?! You know...
😉 .. Healing is a process!