Spice Girl singer Mel B entering rehab for PTSD

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Ask a Veteran what PTSD is?

It isn’t just veterans that suffer from ptsd you know.

My heart goes out to veterans and their families.but it's not just veterans to suffer with this condition sweetheart.

no but it has clearly been watered down.

did I say it was and please don’t call me sweetheart. I am sick and tired of if a comment doesn’t suit then I shouldn’t be allowed to comment.

Oh touchy I didn't think sweetheart was an offensive word.my sincerest apologies Grace Roberts.

You implied that it’s for veterans. You may not have meant to but that’s how it reads. I had cancer and that plus the treatment left me with early PTSD that luckily I got help for. There can be numerous triggers for it and each individual reacts differently.

Ask abuse victims about PTSD. Ask terror attack survivors about PTSD. Ask rape survivors about PTSD.

Seeing as you have commented on this post Grace Roberts and clearly being a fountain of knowledge on PTSD...i ask you...what is PTSD?

Please, as a victim of child sexual abuse myself and a diagnosis of PTSD I would love to hear your comments on why, because I am not a veteran this cannot impact on my life Grace Roberts.

I am a Veteran and I know what PTSD stands for, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, note the word traumatic. Traumatic means "deeply disturbing or distressing" Traumatic could mean ANYTHING so anyone can suffer from it.It does NOT only apply to veterans!! So you are totally wrong with your comment!!

PTSD (posttraumatic stress disorder) is a mental health problem that some people develop after experiencing or witnessing a life-threatening event, like combat, a natural disaster, a car accident, or sexual assault.

Anyone commenting about PTSD...and saying she’s faking it, making a joke about it...live with it...have the endless restless nights, have the nightmares, the flashbacks the out bursts of fear, crying & shouting...and the endless stupid things to do just to numb the pain...then get back to me...so many insensitive people on here...people who make jokes about mental health illness who don’t know what it’s like to suffer with something like ptsd makes me so angry...

Good Bekka, good good, let it all out. Not always wise in public, but who knows....

Agreed. Suffered from CPTSD since 2011 and it's a very complex and debilitating condition. The amount of people who think it's just for war vets etc... always amazes me.

Is there a tour and a new album being released?

Why does she “claim” to be drinking? Why can’t she “state” it? It’s derogatory and leads to the impression she’s not being truthful.

Why do people feel the need to explain why they need medical care to anyone?

Spice Girl singer Mel B entering rehab for PTSD.JPG

Everyone saying ‘Ask a Veteran what PTSD is’ or ‘Only people in the army are able to get that condition’. Do you really think that Drs, medical professionals, and physiologists, fully trained people, would be diagnosing people aside from Veterans with this condition if it wasn’t possible for any traumatic event to cause PTSD? No, they wouldn’t. PTSD is the brains reaction to traumatic events that have occurred in a persons life, typically, though not always, trauma where a person experienced danger. Hence why most, but again not all, Veterans have the condition.

And I’m fairly certain that most Veterans who do have PTSD would sympathise with anyone else who had it, whether that person had severed in the Army or not.

I got diagnosed last week with PTSD after being stabbed last year. Wouldn’t wish it on anyone. Just sitting around waiting to have an anxiety attack each day is just painful.

Very sad hope she gets the help and treatment that she and everyone else who has ever been through this deserves.
Ptsd after emotional physical and sexual abuse is REAL. Until you have been there and experienced it or have a loved one or a friend who have experienced this then you have NO IDEA and can not comprehend the absolute damage and devastation.

People taking the piss out of PTSD really need to read up on it and get educated. It's not just veterans that suffer from it.