Serena Williams 'in a funk' over motherhood

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Fascinating responses. I had PND 3 times. It takes more strength to recover than any man will ever understand. Good on Serena for being honest! Good on her for being an amazing role model for other new mums who are having a hard time. That’s a REAL champion, on and off the court!

You guys get that she also had a C-section and pulmonary embolism that amost killed her, right? Not to mention the entire world is watching and many criticizing her performance and ability to bounce back.
But I'm sure tons of men have first hand experience in all of that.

Omg the mansplaining. How about just staying quiet and no whataboutmenning? You have no idea what the hormones do to you, forget about the physical changes of pregnancy. You can try, but you seriously have no idea what it feels like and how it effects women. So please just stop.

Omg the womansplaining. You don't understand what it's like to be a man, but you can so easily say we'll never understand it. I'm not arguing for either side, but what a lack of self awareness.

Serena Williams says her withdrawal from the Rogers Cup in Canada came after struggling with post-natal emotions.

Here we go again . Rich person struggling while us mear mortels crack on in life.

Serena Williams 'in a funk' over motherhood.JPG

The more people who talk about this the better! Having a child is a shocking adjustment for anyone, and all you mainly hear is romanticised stories of perfect bundles of joy, seamlessly joining your life, allowing you to continue living life as you always did before. Erm no. Whether Serena has PND or it’s just a normal adjustment period, I praise her for her honesty. There’s a lot of help & support out there and we have to have an open conversation about it .

Fight through it, Serena. Do what is necessary to be healthy again, to be yourself again. Husbands are the front row witnesses to this and it’s heartbreaking to behold. This is real. This is painful. We should support women who suffer these changes without hesitation.

Has this come about because she's lost a few times might be a different story if she was winning.