Romania marriage poll: Referendum to ban gay unions fails

admin

Administrator
Staff member
And what is wrong with gay marriage.

Also if my child when he is older is gay then i will be proud of him regardless what anyone thinks is right or wrong.

It was an act of civil resistance. People did not turn up on purpose. They needed a 30% attendance to validate the referendum and we said No. So, in fact, it was an 82% No and 18% Yes vote. Proud of my country. It's not Shangri-La, but it's an European place.

People did and at least one guy was arrested in Mures.
:D But yeah, go for it. Knock yourself out. Just don't burst a vessel or anything. "Homo marriages", haha.

I've never been so proud of my country.

Don’t vote for equality, vote for the mythical man in the sky.

A poll found 90% favored the constitutional ban, yet only 20% of the population turned out to vote??? Clearly either the polling was terribly flawed or the level of concern over the issue was, at best, superficial. In any case, a total waste of 47 million dollars!

Or did it fail because it's 2018 and it's a ridiculous thing to get bent out of shape over.

Brove Romania may God keep your faith . God created male and female since beginning.

I’m religious and I believe that two adults regardless of gender should be able to marry if they want to.

I'm probably wrong, but I doubt people care all that much at the end of the day, well enough to vote on the subject at least.

Yes , the country doesn't have hospitals and schools , but they have money for stupid things! 21 century and they think like this.

When I visited London this summer, most of the staff at the hotel I stayed in were Romanians. We had a lovely time. The place was spotless and they were nice. My own sister is top management at a major UK bank. An overwhelming majority of Romanians who live in the UK work hard and duly pay taxes there.

Romania needs another century to be like other EU countries. Clearly we don't have other things to tend to - many, many other things - but vote against gay marriage.
😑 It's a disgrace that it even came to this. But for once, people did the right thing and didn't vote. Shame on those that did.

Not enough bigots huh? Can we ship them ours? Good old American bigots are easily bought... Right Trump?

Would have been better ot have had a resounding turn out voting No to the proposal but this will do.

Marriage is a legal agreement, where 2 people love enough to take on the responsibilities of caring for each other monetarily, and emotionally. That says nothing about others judging them for the religious beliefs of their own.

Romania marriage poll Referendum to ban gay unions fails.JPG

Their life of sodomy will never be normal thats why they can never call it a marriage. They can call it something but it will never be a marriage. Marriage has always been a covenant between a man and a woman which has an inherent link to the family unit, exclusivity, and permanence directly produces a common good for society. which is by its nature ordered toward the procreation and education of children and the unity of the spouses.The promoters of same-sex “marriage” propose something entirely different. They propose the union between two men or two women. This denies the self-evident biological, physiological, and psychological differences between men and women which find their complementarity in marriage No any society where such nefarious practices existed as common/generalized “institutionalized” accepted practices (and there were some in the past History), survived. All of them collapsed.

Whether you call it marriage, civil partnership or any other name at the end of the day it's a commitment between two people who love each other and that's that. Everyone should have that right.

Only religious nut jobs would stand against gay marriage.