Ripped-up lottery ticket wins £58m jackpot

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Absurd amount for one person to win. Why not make 57 ticket holders millionaires instead. I think most people wouldn't complain!

Andrea Venita Ghale I actually meant the lottery system. More smaller prizes for ticket holders. It's actually quite a fair idea.

The retailer immediately grabbed it out of the bin and handed it to me, not realising it was a winner before he discarded it."... course he did.... bent little c%$£.

My long lost uncle
👴.

We are all family members lol.

The machine makes a noise for every winning ticket.
The shop owner wants looking into !
Edited: I've now been told that not all shops make the winning ticket noise, so quite possibly just an accident.
Sorry mr shop keeper.

A shop worker said it wasn't a winner and tore it in two.

Great, now even more people are going to be eyeing me up whilst I run their tickets through the Lotto machine, thanks BBC! 😂 FYI, if you hear the chimes from the machine when we run your ticket through, that means you've won... if not - you haven't. Congratulations to the couple, we haven't had any big winners in my parents' shop yet.

Ripped-up lottery ticket wins £58m jackpot.JPG

From Scotland
They will still have £58 mil in the bank when they snuff it .

This is why I always check tickets myself. That clerk could have ended up murdered if they tore up the numbers.
😂 I wonder if the winner gave the clerk anything? If they wanted to be really spiteful, they could write the clerk a cheque for millions of pounds and then rip it up in their face. Congratulations on the win! If they know what's best for them, they would throw the bulk of the money into a locked income investing instrument for at least six months then disappear somewhere so they can let the win sink in and they can think clearly on how to invest it as well as get away from every relative, friend, and joe blow and their dog that will come knocking for a share.

I'd like to be just "really comfortable" never mind a lotto win lol.

I'm getting in touch with the tv programme, ' long lost family" I'm sure I was abandon as a baby in Scotland, lol, enjoy it.

Yes Pat you can check online....i don't ask the shop anymore as I once knew I had a tenna and they said I hadn't won so I said errrr check again...

Nice to see a decent hard working couple win.

Enjoy all the begging letters you will receive now you gone public.

Her face in every photo is fantastic. Good for them.

Too much for anyone hope they give some to charities.