Princess Eugenie wedding: What's the cost and who's paying?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Ffs when will you all realise that we are not paying for this wedding. Nor did we pay for Harry's! We pay for security. As we do for many events, including football matches & rallies. Please do a bit of research. Look into what the Royal family bring to us in tourism and how much goes to the treasury. Then pls comment.

Paul Blackman A bit of tax... They pay tax at the higher rate on their personal fortunes and that's on top of the £300 + million the Crown Estates pays into the treasury every year. It's more than a bit.

As a 'minor' royal her wedding should be like anyone else's...low-key and paid for by them. Interest level in Eugenie is 0.

It makes me sick! ...why can’t the lesser Royals pay for themselves? They have the money..

I might join the lovely person who said that they'd be watching a banana ripening, I might watch paint dry just for good measure.

Royal Male marries a to be Royal female... shift the homeless vagabonds until boxing day... Or is it brexing day mam, so confusing these unpleasant pesants.

considering we the 'ordinary' have to pay for our own weddings, why are we having to pay for the extraordinary?

Harry Eaton Considering the hotels in Windsor have reduced their prices I don't think they have to worry about crowds.

And how much does the tax payer pay for policing football matches?

Andy McGhee Absolutely. Whole city centres are off limits to those wanting nothing to do with it, the only thing I can describe it as is "rage"...win or lose. All police should be on double pay on match days!

At a time of austerity, food banks and homelessness I think it's reprehensible that the happy couple don't exercise some restraint and the money be used for the good of those less fortunate.

Just leave them to enjoy thrir special day. Why are people so spiteful and bitter.

I love the royal family had no problem with the taxpayer paying wills and Harry's weddings because actually do a lot in public work but what does she do?

who cares let the lady have her own moment of glory.

Princes and princesses...kings and queens!! You are no longer an empire for many many years now...get over it. Old style decorations must change...lol.

just once I would like the Super Uber wealthy to figure out how much they would spend on their wedding or some other like event and donate every single penny to like the homeless and have a little simple nothing ceremony because it's not about the ceremony it's about your life together.

Tax payer of course but I do notice a lot of children are going to be there when they should be at school..... one rule for them and illegal for us to take them out during term time.....

She is a minor part royal...her parents and grandmother should pay all of the costs.

We pay Zillions every week for bum holes to sit at home doing Ball all and you are whinging about this????
Give your heads a shake.

If any tax payers feels hard done by by having their 65p a year going on the Royal's then feel free to get in touch and I'll personally reimburse you that amount.

I have PayPal if that’s easy for you. I’ll save you time by collecting my whole family’s contribution. £3.90 for 6 of us thanks.

As if anyone’s opinion means anything, it’s just the way it is! Lazy journalists looking for a story! Quiet week for head lines, who shall we pick on this week!

Zara had a low key wedding why doesn't she?

Princess Eugenie wedding What's the cost and who's paying.JPG

Jean Gilmore I know I think her mom Anne showed her the importance of being low key that's all I meant.

Mean-spirited reporting and ignores the fact that a lot of the cost will be salaries which will be subject to tax and local companies providing services will also benefit. The bare cost does not reflect the benefit to society, and the taxpayer, from having the money circulating.

The Saxe-Coburg Gothas should be paying for everything that takes place within their family’s wedding, especially the security. What happens in public should be a cost born by the public... simple.

let them have their day xx best wishes to the happy couple xx.

It should not be our problem...they should pay for their own wedding.....tax payers have enought to fork out for...and really dont get enought back except CUTS...CUTS & more CUTS enought is enought.

In other news, I ate Chick fil la. It was good.

So her parents pay for the wedding & the public pay for security! What's new? The public have been paying for security for Royal weddings for how many yrs now?

I challenge you to give me one good reason why the taxpayer should foot the bill for a wedding of Princess Eugenie, who has contributed ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to society, to the highly insignificant Jack Brooksbank (who the hell is he?), rather than her very rich Dad paying for everything!

The Queen is one of the richest women in the world. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for the Royal Family to compensate the taxpayer for such unnecessary pomp and circumstance. It’s not going to leave her pension short is it.
Yes “let them have their day” ( yawn) but their family have the means to pay every penny for it.

Oooòoo BRILLIANT another ROYAL WEDDING VINO VINO LLONGYFERCHIADAU CONGRATULATIONS hope you both have FANTASTIC day x.

Third, not second. Lord Ivar and James recently wed too.

We are not bothered who’s footing bill it’s a Royal Wedding we are Happy.

Just ask yourself why security is needed in the first place?

Maybe the BBC could they take enough of our money!

Saw them interviewed they seem a lovely couple.

Oh, wait..I just fell asleep.

I’m a republican but I don’t have any massive objection to the the likes of Harry and Wills having publicly-funded weddings as I can see they are for the overall good of the country’s motivation, even if I don’t agree with them. And at least these twoheirs to the throne contribute to society.

But this hanger on? Seriously? Like the vast majority of peripheral Royals, this Princess contributes nothing to the UK and, if you believe the press, seems to have an idyllic life where she is perpetually on holiday or in nightclubs. So, sorry, i deeply resent taxpayer’s having to pay towards this wedding.

People are forgetting the queen etc is attending. So security has to be a top priority. Who would want to get married without their gran?!?!