Pope changes teaching to oppose death penalty in all cases

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Stay in your own country!! Mind ur own buisness !! Death penalty is needed !!!! Eye for an eye !!!! It's in the bible!!!! the pope acts like he is God and he's not!!!! He's a servant of the Lord period and the Lord says eye for an eye!!

No he doesn't. That is old testament, not new testament teachings.

Who’s the lord period? He sounds naaaaasty .

Pretty sure there is something in there about judging others as well.

Pro life is against death penalty, always has been. The catholic church has always been 1) world wide so I dunno what country you’re talking about and 2) prolife. So this isn’t shocking in the least. 3) the Bible says a lot of things, so don’t get carried away.

An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

Thor is the one true god..

Fear His hammer.

have you taken your meds today?

How very Christian of you.

The Catholic Church follows the teachings of Christ .who says turn the other cheek love your enemies .and do good to those who hate you. POPE FRANCES is the rightfull successor to Peter and as such should be abeyed .but now lots of people are there own God and pick and mix the rules of the Church .

Death penalty is never needed! It is not about justice but based on money and race. Too many innocent people being executed as well.

"stay in your own country"

While quoting a book written entirely not in her country.

Maybe you should try the book of Mormon. Hello...

You're not a Christian, I take it....bc if you were, you'd actually know that an eye for an eye is a metaphor and does not mean that the penalty for murder should be murder. It means that the penalty should fit the crime (i.e. you don't sentence a murderer to community service).

Having said that, do you what else the Bible says? Thou shalt not kill. Let that one sink in for a moment.

I'm an atheist but even I know that Jesus has denounced that approach in the new testament.

The pope is the leader of the Church.Ordaned to serve as Gods voice on earth.

The Church will now work for the abolition of the death penalty worldwide.

Pope changes teaching to oppose death penalty in all cases.JPG

Like the church has any right to give moral advice, it’s fairytales are totally irrelevant in the 21st century.

I feel sorry for you if you believe the message behind the parable of the good Samaritan is not relevant today.

How can they claim to have the key to an 'absolute morality' if they keep changing their rules on right and wrong? It's almost like morality is a subjective, ever-changing human construct innate within all people!

I am not at all religious, but I really like some things about this pope. Seems like a forward thinking modern guy. Good to see when most things about religion are backwards and a bit ridiculous.

Maybe I'm just missing something here but how is it shocking that a religion which literally has the commandment "Thou shalt not kill" has decided that killing is bad?

I did a paper on this and college. In Christianity, New Testament trumps old testament teachings. The new covenant and all. I always find it weird when “Christians” site an eye for an eye as their reason for supporting the death penalty. That’s really not what their religion teaches. Jesus taught us to turn the other cheek. “He who is without sin cast the first stone,” and all that. We are a nation of cafeteria Christians. I’ll take a little of this, a little of that…

…..any chance they can do something about stopping child abuse among the Clergy, or perhaps at least bringing the culprits before the law......Thought not must be too difficult!!

Next week in US News: Texan Catholics break from Catholic Church.

Doesn’t that go directly against your holy book? It’s written everywhere in there that people should be put to death: is the book wrong?

This dude makes me question my catholic faith.. but then i think.. nah.. he was not put here by God.. he was put here by the One World People....

While killers kill, then the death penalty should remain and be a world wide deterrent for criminals.
P.s
Jesus is a lie.

If everyone can only do what our LORD JESUS said...love your neighbour as you love yourself we would be in a better world.

Death penalty violates people's right to an appeal, appear before tribunal and retrial. In the USA, 1 out of 25 are innocent of their crime they've been convicted for and 20,000 of all USA prisoners have been wrongfully convicted. It might only be 1% of 2m but that's still an enormous amount of people to risk death penalty over for crimes they didn't commit. Let people have a basic right to a retrial.

Good the death penalty does not stop murders. If you look at most counries with the death penalty have higher murder rates.