Minimum wage still not enough to give families a basic 'no frills' lifestyle, says charity

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I have closely studied these people. First they don’t know how to manage there money, second don’t want to upgrade there self for new skills. Don’t have clue how to manage there life & priorities. Poor people have more kids, same in poor countries. What you expect? When I came for London in 1999, I started part time and with my brother. We went to college & still had plenty money in bank. Then within 2 year we got apartment, then 4th year a business. Then 5th year a house , then Moved to USA & same repeated there. All you need is plan & dedication. All I know if you poor in UK/USA or other developed countries are because of your own self.

Well that's all I need is a plan wow wish someone had told me yrs ago. Oh well poor I am then if becoming a person like you means I won't be poor. I would rather stay poor and still have my compassion. For others you sound like a right dick.

English grammar & spelling needs attention, Faisal.

Pity you didn’t upgrade your English skills. Quite shocking especially as you have been to college. To say if you are poor in UK/US is your own fault is very narrow minded and shows a lack of empathy as shocking as your poor grasp of English.

Parents earning the UK National Living Wage 'don't earn enough to provide for their families'.

English is probably Faisal's 2nd Language, and he still succeeded in moving forward!

He speaks the Truth! Had someone I know, who as a Teenager swam with Volleyball from Mainland China (his little brother clinging on his neck) to Hong Kong.

He eventually made it to the USA (legitimately), washed Dishes in a San Francisco Restaurant...and eventually opened his own Restaurant.

Today, he still has a successful Restaurant, is married and put his Kid through Medical & Engineering.

I made it, with a Plan...as did that Chinese Teenager! We had a Plan, and nobody I know has gotten Wealthy staying on Welfare!

I have no problem helping someone who is "Legitimately" in need, but I refuse to Babysit another Adult...or be Financially Responsible for their Poor Life Choices!

I know 4 languages, if English was the level of success then there would be no poor in UK/USA. Still I managed to get MBA degree & 2 successful business in 2 different countries.

that’s poor man thinking, No one can change poor until they want to change themselves. I give u a tip, follow Dan Lock, search on YouTube, he mostly say same what I say. You would learn some thing from him.

Faisal the poverty of a person cannot be blamed on that person! I agree there are a lot of people in the poverty trap because of their "can't be bothered" attitude. But, you cannot put all who are in poverty in this "can't be bothered" category. Remember, sometimes, there are circumstances that are beyond a person's control...

I applaud you for you dedication and hard work and you obviously have business acumen which I wish I had. I agree with your statement. However a lack of English skills can be a real stumbling block for many careers where you need to communicate eg doctor, journalist and a host of other jobs. It could be a bar to success for an otherwise capable person.
It was your perceived lack of empathy which got me. To say it is your own fault if you are poor in the UK/US is very harsh. We cannot all be successful business people or have successful well paid careers. The world would not function.

I agree, some people have circumstances, but mostly not. First rule no one can get rich while living on welfare or we used to call Brew money in Scotland. All they do is drink & watch Tv. I give you my one example for 5 years I hardly saw my wife & son as they were in USA & I was in Scotland.

Minimum wage still not enough to give families a basic 'no frills' lifestyle, says charity.JPG

I don’t like the word attack. I prefer to say noticed.

So while climbing the ladder you missed out on spending time with your family. People working full time should be receiving a decent liveable wage to be able to actually live & spend time doing things with their families.

Many succes stories of course all from two decades ago. Today the situation is much different. It is scientifically proven that being at zero in life is almost impossible to escape as zero is a magnet. It is also scientifically proven that if you are struggling to survive you will make poor choices.
In 2018 saying to people who are poor they owe it to themselves is very narrow minded if not idiotic.
The cost of living, rent, energy bills, studying, health care etc have gone up drastically while salaries are the same.
Be grateful you are lucky, many children today face a never ending struggle and will get nowhere no matter how hard they try!

Keep it in their pants until they can afford kids then.

It's very simple.

Or you know... we could ensure that anyone with a job earns enough to live and support a family?

Which believe it or not is the whole point of a minimum wage.

The U.S. Republicans would explain that they must simply be lazy. (nice huh?) - Signed, Not a Republican.

Yet why do these kids have top of line clothes, the later mobiles , etc , people are going in to debt only compounding the issue, if they live with in there means, like go to Primark for clothes, and not h and m, you don't need the latest phone no debt give you a lot of extra income to play with on all levels of pay grade.

Lowest-paid parents 'can't afford basic lifestyle'

Having read some of the appalling comments on here, it's not difficult to see how the Tories got in. Do you critics not see that if a living wage was actually liveable, it would take the pressure off the benefits given out to top up as it wouldn't be needed? If someone is working a 40 hour week and they don't have enough cash to pay all their bills and buy food then the fault is not theirs is it? There are some really hateful people in society today. Try blaming those in power rather than the poor buggers who are genuinely working their guts out trying to make ends meet!!