Love Island bosses explain why they only cast 'sexy people'

admin

Administrator
Staff member
We need to embrace physical fitness and healthy eating. There are far too many health consequences for individuals who are overweight. I have always believed that we create a dangerous environment by not being healthy. Examine the statistics for individuals rejected by the military.

Which means we'd be better off taking a walk and turning off the TV.

Sounds like a plan.

It’s one thing being fit and healthy and whilst these idiots are 100% vain.
Not a good look.

Yeah it would be interesting to see what the show looked like if the focus was wisdom and not "being hot".

Plenty of 100% "fit and healthy" looking people drop dead from heart attacks or other things... Plenty of overweight people live to ripe old age.

You can eat healthy and exercise and still have some chub.

What a perception that being a size 8 is healthy and being 16 isn't.. cancer hits people of all sizes and size 16 can live a disease free life irrespective of size. So get rid of your bias that those with perfect shapes are healthy. Someone can run a marathon and die the next week with a heart problem.. Someone can be a bodybuilder with a visually perfect physique and yet be a victim of many chronic diseases. So don't judge health on the basis of looking sexy. I have seen big sized people living up to the age of 80 and slim ones succumb at 60.

It's an "aspirational" show with "sexy people" who work out, says ITV boss.

Aspire to be beautiful but thick as mince and someone will happily put you on the telly. Personally I get my aspirations from real hero's and strong role models.. but hey to each his own.

Love Island bosses explain why they only cast 'sexy people'.JPG

How are they inspirational when they are teaching vulnerable youngsters that it's ok to behave and look unnatural.

Not watched it, never seen a single episode, don't care. If it's contributing to people developing unhealthy attitudes about their bodies though, I care about that.

Something tells me “Body Diversity Island” wont do as well.

It’s a s**t show full of brainless idiots but whatever.

Do people not aspire to have any depth about them then? What one person aspires to be, and what one person finds attractive, isn't going to be what the next person aspires to be and what the next person finds attractive.

It's a tv show called love island. What do you expect to see? I can't believe anyone would watch it anyway.

I wonder how many came home with an std?

What diversity? They're all young and beautiful, aren't they?