Honda confirms Swindon car plant closure

admin

Administrator
Staff member
leavers come in tell everyone its nothing about brexit in 3....2...1...

Swindon voted to leave. You won. Get over it.

To all those remoaning - this has nothing to do with Brexit. I know you like to clutch at straws and blame everything bad on 'Brexit'. If you actually bothered to expand your views, the car business is rapidly changing. Toyota last week invested £250m to build it's new model in the UK - but you won't blame Brexit for that investment? Electric will be the way forward the this Government need to urgently support the car industry through this change. Sorry for those losing their jobs, lets hope they can reskill and find new opportunities.

If only UK was part of a community that could strike a trade deal with Japan... oh wait!

Story ran yesterday with a foot note from Honda stating it’s nothing to do with brexit. But the bbc love to panic and scare.

I guess the 54.7% of Swindon voters who elected to leave the EU didn't work for Honda.

*edit..and of course they say it's nothing to do Brexit. But when 90% of your production goes to the EU ??

"Concerned about uncertainty around Brexit"

But this has nothing to do with Brexit, I bet.

It probably wasn't all to do with Brexit but that was the final nail in the coffin and brought closure forward.

It's nothing to do with Brexit it's just cheaper to ship cars around the world from a country with a free trade agreement than across the channel from one without one... Oh wait.

How many of the 3,500 voted for brexit?

There's your Brexit at work! Cool.

Honda confirms Swindon car plant closure.JPG

This is really sad news. When Ford shut their Transit plant in Southampton and Cadbury shut their plant and moved to Poland it wasn't about Brexit and I'm sure this is also not about Brexit.

Yep yep Brexit was the right decision.... NOT.

People of Swindon who voted leave .Calm down its all scaremongering ,Saint Nigel and Saint Boris will save you all from Universal Credit ….

Re Brexit. Companies hope for the best but plan for the worse. So they will move out of the country before Brexit happens. Moving is costly so once they move, they will not be coming back anytime soon.

Still nothing to do with Brexit?

Ooo look Honda have said it’s got nothing to do with Brexit ! 😂 all it is, is bad timing.

Why would Honda up sticks back to Japan if the same free trade deal, recently signed with the EU,was available in the UK? The cost of the relocation and redundancy payments surely would have prevented that from happening.
However if for some weird reason the UK voted to leave the EU and had no future trade plan with our former partners a month before leaving them, agreed, then a free trade deal offered to the Japanese from the comfort of their own home looks very much worth the financial payout for closure of the Swindon plant.

Why do the bbc keep running stories that promote doom and gloom ??? DON’T PANIC!!!

Who's next, Toyota Derby, Nissan Sunderland. You reap what you sow.

And so the Brexit dominoes effect starts....

Wouldn't it be nice if remoaners actually read the article and did some research before commenting.

I really don’t believe the shambles of Brexit has nothing to do with this decision. If the referendum had been a no majority, I’m sure Honda would have stayed.
It sounds like cold feet over the possibility of stumbling shamefully out of the EU must be a factor in changing their minds since the Autumn.
Devastating for the workforce in Swindon and all the other people connected with the supply of the plant.

If in doubt blame BREXIT, nothi G to do with it car manufacturing has hit the skids in regards to cleaner cars etc. Higher charges for diesel when most manufacturers sold mainly diesel... Look at the bigger picture people.. The world's economy has hit the skids and car manufacturing too. Japan arnt investing across Europe, doesn't that say something?

Straight in with the denial from Quitters, great stuff.

In other news, there weren’t be so many immigrants taking our jobs so surely it won’t be an issue!

Wait what?

Lied to their employee's saying they would stay.
Before got leeked.
Teresa may this is your fault my husband is gunna be out of a job.
Feel ashamed of yourself.