Guardians of the Galaxy cast wants James Gunn back

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Watch any comedy from 10 to 30 years ago.

Friends, The Office, Seinfeld, you name it.

You will find jokes that were “okay” then, but are “problematic” now.

Societal standards change, and so do people.

Both sides of the political spectrum need to stop weaponizing comedy for politically expedient purposes.

You know, unless we want a humorless dystopia.

"Although I don't support his inappropriate jokes from years ago, he is a good man."

Yep. Married with children. That was far worse lol.

You know the ones who dug up those old tweets and made a big deal about it were from a conservative media outlet, right?

The problem with Roseanne Bar was not what she said years ago.

You need to tell me which comedy audience finds pedophilia and rape funny.

Guardians of the Galaxy cast wants James Gunn back.JPG

What Roseanne Bar said was not even remotely as vile as this. If you think this director deserves to be forgiven, so does Roseanne Bar.

Like I said, you only preach forgiveness for people who match your political views. The number of years is irrelevant. There is no set time limit before you forgive someone.

In comparison, Trumps Hollywood Access Tapes comments were 13 years ago. And he also apologised. Why haven't you forgiven him?

to be honest in that one she went out of her way to be rude.. knowing the political fire she was already on.

You cannot compare tv shows to personal tweets.

James Gunn is not a comedian, nor was he reciting from a script for a tv sitcom.

Those were his personal tweets. Mocking pedophilia and rape.

I can hardly blame Disney for having concerns about his personal ethics. They have the right not taking the risk that those words may actually reflect his true nature.

This is absolutely ridiculous. We now have to watch what we say cos 10,15,20 years down the line it'll come back and bite you. This whole pc is getting way out of hand now. People getting offended for stuff that happened years ago even taking down statues. They'll be knocking down the mountain with all the faces next.

Thank the liberals they made up the rules to this game.

It was right wing Trump supporters who dug up the tweets, not liberals.

This whole P.C.rubbish is just getting so out of control and petty.

Not sure if I've ever seen an entire cast, be willing to walk out of a major production in support of a friend.The mans apologized for his comments(of 10 years ago), and explained his reasons/thinking, for trying to add humor to a terrible situation,where humor can not exist,give the man his second chance.

Those tweets ARE "indefensible," they ARE horrible and disgusting, but the newest tweet is 7. Years. Old. What if people judged you now with the you of 7 years past in mind? You of now is a different person, I guarantee it.

As long as he apologised for his past mistakes and promised not to repeat, I am more than willimg to forgive him. Everyone needs a 2nd chance in life.