Ethnicity pay gap: Firms may be forced to reveal figures

admin

Administrator
Staff member
You are more likely to be underpaid or not hired at all, if you have a beard or females who cover their hair, good luck to the nuns.

Unless someone is of a minority ethnic group and have personally gone through their journey how could you possibly comment.

Oh my god!! Talk about needing a big wooden spoon. Half the "issues" we have now are due to bored reporters! If there were such a thing now we would hear about it being dragged through the courts. Complete tosh!!!!

Pay people according to their qualifications and not the colour of their skin or ethnicity. Now this for me is racism that I can not tolerate. The other noises people make is prejudice which you can call someone on it and move a long. We need to differentiate between racism and prejudice. We can all agree this should not happen to anyone and still expected to pay the same tax for being in a certain job bracket.

Imagine being a female from an ethnic group!

What about height. At 5’ 3” I’ve always been paid less.

Unless you are in Defence sector where height is part of the criteria, why would someone be paid less in public sector because of being short? Or is it still happening in UK? In civil sector, your brain and dedication are the deciding factor.

Stopped winding up a situation that isn’t there for the majority of good uk employers!

Perhaps they would be better off writing an article referring to freedom of speech based on fact relevant to actual information.

WHY????? If the job is done as well as the next person, then why should anybody be payed less than anyone else who does no more, no better, simply because of their gender or race or for any other reason!

That’s not true where I work every one from Asian and African back ground earning more money then me.

Pile of poop ,most of UK on zero hour contracts and minimum wages.

So if they were in their natural country of orgin then how well would they be doing lol migrate to another land or born of migrants you can't take over that countries food chain, the average person from the UK are barely surviving and you want to shine a light only on people from a different country of origin, this is why people are getting pissed about migrants, you can't even take care of the descendants of that country and want to welcome the rest of the world to come and fight for jobs.

What about short people from Yorkshire or bald men from Wales. Where does it all end?What a bout blue eyes vs brown eyes? How far can we take this in a world of not labelling people Can we also have comparisons of tall v short persons, slim v fat, attractive v plain, rugby fans v soccer fans, idealistically stupid politicians v the majority of normal, sensible people who go to real work to pay their undeseved salaries and expenses? You get paid what the job is worth not what the colour of your skin entitles you too.

Other than comparing equal amount of workers in the same role, as long as you compare the minority to the majority there will always be a gap of pay & hours worked. If you compare me to any of my colleagues, I get paid more as do twice as many hours.

Ethnicity pay gap Firms may be forced to reveal figures.JPG

As a black person I can say this is Nonsense, I know MANY black folks who earn a lot more than other people in their company
🙄
🙄
🙄 can the leftist stop spending their times making us look like victims, it's boring now.

Apart from the drug dealers, rogue landlords, rape gangs, benefit cheats, false asylum seekers, gang masters, pickpocket gangs and every other "entrepreneur" migrant coming here.
Scumbags all of them.

Only the left could come up with something as immoral and warped as positive discrimination.

There a younger person at my place of work does the same job as the older people but is paid less.get a grip.

Racial issues will never go away while we make something off it.. To become the norm you have to be the norm..

Have they done there checks properly and taken into account all possibilities or are they ignoring things like experience,job role, qualifications etc, just like when they bring up the difference between male and female pay.

Also there's more white people in this country and so yeah there more likely to get a job, that's not rocket science.

If you can’t afford to pall ALL your staff and good living wage then you don’t deserve to run a business! Close down and get a job labouring and see how you like it.

Honestly, what does that achieve? The hours worked and the competency of the employee also has to be measured, along the actual pay. Then, you'll have people claiming they earn less because of racism, when, in fact, they might be working less!

A big step for the UK. And for humanity. And: about time!!

I am going to brave a comment. I see this and think that's a nice idea. So why do I get the feeling it won't work. Is name shaming and censorship the best way to achieve equality? I feel this is right, I also feel it's not going to be effective.

I just wanna know, between this pic and Kendrick Lamar's Humble, which came first?