Elephant seals take over California beach closed to humans during US government shutdown

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Taking back what's theirs!

Maybe it should just stay closed. Let the seals have it.

The seals cause less damage than the unsupervised humans during the shutdown.

Let them have it. They will treat it better than we will.

In San Diego, we have a beach that was reclaimed by seals probably 20 years ago and people still whine about it. They were here long before we were.

Did....did anyone help that rep from Walmart to find their way back to their home thread? They seemed a little lost, and I'm just concerned....

Why wasn't the beach sealed off? ... Oh wait, it was.

Build a wall... dammm illegal seals...

.... and when they leave it won’t be covered in rubbish.

First positive result of the Orange Numpty's so called presidency.

It belonged to them first anyway. This is how it should be.

Obviously humans invaded their space and they have been able to claim it back. Maybe 1 positive thing to happen due to the shutdown.

Send in the Navy Seals to take it back.

Elephant seals take over California beach closed to humans during US government shutdown.jpg

Exactly as it should be. We are the intruders here.

When there was bad weather and boats had to be moved, they also took over Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco (and because they’re protected, they cannot be moved - and neither can these guys!).

so the government shut down was good for nature? Thank you president Trump.

Dave Röň yes hundreds of years. People cut down 800 year old trees and poached protected species and destroyed natural rock formations. Those things don't recover overnight.

I’ve driven past this beach, it’s insane as to how many are there!! Was amazing to see and I agree- let them stay!!! X.

Good! They deserve some peace, and a place to call home.

When humanity ends nature will reclaim whats hers.

In other words...seals behaving like seals.

One winner during the shutdown. Good for them.

Napping? Snuggling? They need it more than we do and are putting it to better use.

They close beaches up and down the west coast for habitat on a regular basis...this is pretty normal. We West Coast folks love our wildlife.

Napping? Snuggling? They need it more than we do and are putting it to better use.

This could happen in Cornwall if somebody gave them a chance.

They took back what was already theirs.

I'm glad there was something good!