Economists win Nobel for work on climate and growth

admin

Administrator
Staff member
A nice two finger salute to the climate change deniers.

Tony Lowe so if you went to 100 cancer doctors and 97 of them told you that you had cancer, you’re not going to believe them because they are just trying to trick you into using their services??

I still can't believe people think climate change is a hoax. Yes the Earth has had warming trends in its past, that's how the Scientists know we are speeding up the process. By analyzing the Earth's past, Scientists can study the Earth's past warming patterns and see how far apart these patterns should be. People really believe that with all the chemicals we put into our Earth's atmosphere it has no affect on our delicate planet, come on seriously?!? Why even bother to recycle then right................

You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to understand how greed took precedence over climate change. There’s been ignored warnings for thirty years or more.

Large increase in human population + humans running around doing things and burning stuff = more pollution.

Who knew? Can I have a Nobel prize too?

Frank Mortimer - yes,,Frank, I am perfectly well aware of what it means.

Oddly it isn’t something that happens too often when a theory has reached consensus amongst scientists. Playing Devil Advocate with AGW Theory makes as much sense as doing it with Germ Theory, Gravitational Theory etc.

Do you play Devils Advocate with the heliocentric model of the solar system? I doubt you’d want to somehow.

The production of meat creates the most environmental damage and pollution, it creates more pollution than all transport systems combined. Watch 'COWSPIRACY' now on Netflix to get yourself up to speed. Every individual needs to take responsibility right now, it's no use just moaning about it then buying a steak!

We,ve all had it how can we change things when world leaders won't attempt to start to make changes !

That’s great news. Thanks to Nobel prize for upholding climate change.

"the few" will do whatever they like to make profits, and the rest will have to make big changes to their lives to compensate. One dirty chimney = a million people having to pay more for a different car, cleaner energy or different food..

Tin foil hatters incoming.....

If the earth was flat, cats would've pushed everything off it's edge by now. I rest my case.

The article doesn't really tell you anything about the topic though.

This Nobel Prize won't change anything. Wild capitalism will continue to destroy the environment.

The global situation is so bad that a STATE OF EMERGENCY should be declared.

We should all be working at fixing the environment but instead, politicians and citizens just want constant economic growth.

Capitalism requires us to have continued growth, regardless of if the plant can or should sustain it.

All the policies in the world cannot solve the underlying problem that stops action on climate change: capitalism.

I think it should be awarded to the genius Brexiters - for inventing a new form of Economics that is divorced from facts and reality.

Economists win Nobel for work on climate and growth.JPG

thats great another prize for opinionated so called experts will solve the problem.

BBC, you really are plugging the climate change industry's message today, "give us more money", arent you?

Climate change is turning into the biggest money making industry but mostly its hot air .

Human pollution.

Haha. Use of Grammar!!

Trying to convince people who think the earth is 6000 years old that climate change is a real issue is futile. Unfortunately, there is no skill testing question to get a Facebook account.