China reportedly carried out a 'hardware hack' on Apple and Amazon

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I guess they were desperate to see all my cat pics on my phone AND the cat toys I purchase on amazon.

We need to bring back all of this manufacturing back to the US. The Chinese have probably infiltrated a lot of our infrastructure.

So this is fake news.... Apple and Amazon both categorically deny it ever happened and bloomberg has no evidence or proof that it did.

What a world we've come to live in eh?

Any proof? None. Absolutely none. Just read the Bloomberg article. Pinpoint a single name in it. None.

Them Chinese and their rice.

well nobody likes Apple anyway.

Oh, I guess they moved us along looking at the hearings and we're supposed to be shifting over to "the cyber" now. Need a new calendar app I guess.

Despite the fact that both Amazon and Apple refuted the claim that Bloomberg made, you somehow felt the need to repeat this misinformation rather than doing any investigating yourselves! Pathetic!

This is why Bloomberg got banned in China. They're still butt hurt.

Sadly, your comment proves that US government misinformtion works. Even though the original article is wholly unsubstantiated (Bloomberg's), and even though you are commenting on an Engadget post that outright refutes the Bloomberg article, you still write as if it's fact.

I didn't state anything about whether the report is a fact. I am referring to the previous comment's that Bloomberg is reporting this due to the ban. BTW, the article gave both side of the story, there's no outright refutes here. Apple can deny the report due to the fact they are doing business in China. Governments will always engage in propaganda, the difference here in the states is that you have the freedom to voice your opinion.

China reportedly carried out a 'hardware hack' on Apple and Amazon.JPG

Alright Engadget, these autoplaying video ads that pop open in the middle of the article are disruptive enough that either I'll turn my adblocker back on, or stop reading these articles ... anyone else with me? Cmon guys, it's been known since the early days of the web that when autoplaying audio isn't expected, it's just about the most irritating thing to do to your visitors.

OK. Assume, for the moment, that this *is* a false alarm, and someone has something to gain by spreading FUD. The only winner I could see, would be US motherboard manufacturers (*are* there any?) trying to bring business onshore at the expense of Chinese fab and assembly shops. Plausible, but awfully heavy handed. People won't believe this until shown hard evidence, and a grainy photo of a grey 6-pin part isn't going to cut it, absent detailed information on exactly what signals it was attached to. Snopes would find this one "Plausible but unproven". Now, the Huawei and ZTE thing is much more likely, given that our NSA is up to the same kind of thing on Cisco gear sent to people on whom it would like to eavesdrop (although they might have been beaten to the punch by the makers of the Chinese counterfeit Cisco gear).

Data center hardware used by Apple and Amazon may have been fitted with surveillance micro-chips by Chinese server company Super Micro, claims Bloomberg in a new report. Almost 30 US companies reportedly fell prey to the "attack," with the chips used...

The advice is to keep your software up to date. Microsoft installed a new update today, that is not the regular update schedule Microsoft keeps.

Since we no longer builder anything in the states anymore, how could you expect privacy. Now, consider the fact that most airlines are now sending their aircraft overseas to be worked on and ask yourself why they are searching your children, but giving other countries the ability to hide anything on your airplane.