Baggage handler filmed lobbing luggage

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Should be fired !! Husband had to claim airline as his accordion was seen to be thrown out plane despite having fragile stickers all over it !! Was compensated but these cretins doing this should be made to pay for damages!!

It’s a suitcase, not a midwife with a newborn baby. Wrap your breakables in a towel, be thankful for your cheap flights and protest at something really important.

the woman who originally posted this said her suitcase (the pink butterfly one) was broken when she recovered it. was she supposed to wrap it in a towel too ?

Or it's the airport that created working structures (less staff, lower wages, time pressure) that make working there a psychological burden for their employees until someone breaks down. I know that. I've been there. Customer services is a good example. But people only see the employees and are mad at them instead of being mad at the right people.

He’s making himself double the work cos he has to put the ones that missed the trolley back on again
unless he makes the other guy do it. Either way he’s a dick.

I have been at the receiving end of this at the Birmingham airport, the worst part was that they took away my Laptop bag as it was one of those little propeller planes before boarding.The bag was thrown about which had all my expensive electronics in them which i need to make my living.

this is nothing in the states. after seeing luggages being dropped from way up high on a regular basis at jfk, I stopped buying expensive suitcases; tough & sturdy does the job.

This is a hard work.To throw the baggage into the cart constantly, the worker's hands will be prone to strain.It is better to push the cart to the end of the line, and the baggage automatically fall or put to the cart in the trip, then it is good to the baggae and labor-saving ,and the work is happy.

I travel 5 or 6 tome a year, I watch out for the loading and unloading of my 32kg 6ft surf bag to make sure it's not dropped. Never seen anything like this though, with my mammoth bag or others?

People don’t care. I watched a sales assistant in Sainsbury’s over arm hurling (think cricket style) apples into the container to be sold. I was disgusted and told a colleague of his I thought it was disgusting. He laughed and said xxx don’t throw foodaround like that in front of the customers. Implying just do when they aren’t around they both laughed. No respect for food why would they respect suitcases. It happens everywhere.

Baggage handler filmed lobbing luggage.JPG

Manchester airport is an absolute shambles and has been for a long time. It is a complete joke considering the size of it. So disorganised.

My husband is a luggage handler , never in his wildest dreams would he ever treat some one else’s luggage like that so disrespectful, in his airport it the older men who take the jobs as the young ones can’t hack the hard work ! There is no reason to treat anyone’s luggage like that I hope he got what he deserves and I mean the sack , we have had our luggage badly damaged to the extent that our cases were binned and one never made it home ! Please think about the genuine workers at the airport this is a heavy manual job.

Maybe he was having a bad day. I’m not making excuses because I would be annoyed if my luggage was damaged during this processes...but how he was throwing the bags was self defeating because most of them were falling on the ground and he’d go have to pick them up. That appears to be what’s happening at the end of the video.

No doubt a chimpanzee would do a better job. Nice to know you’ve people that are up to doing their job with thought and care.