9-year-old Denver boy dies by suicide after being bullied at school, mother says

admin

Administrator
Staff member
When I was 9 I was watching Lord of the rings and picking my nose. How children think about sexuality is beyond me.

So when you were 9 you didn't have any crushes on girls?

There's a "crush" then there's thinking about being gay, trans etc. Bit different.

how do you know its different? Did you have to think about being straight or was it something you just were?

It's not different. A little boy had crushes on other little boys the same way you did with girls. It's really quite simple.

Because I'm human?

as I said.. There's having a crush on someone (puppy love) and then there's taking your sexuality seriously. Big difference.

How on earth do you think he figured out he was gay if he didn't get a crush or crushes?

Being human does not mean you know how every other human feels.

Being straight is a sexual orientation, exactly the same as being gay.
A little boy will figure out he's straight because he has crushes on little girls. A little boy will also figure out he's gay because he has crushes on little boys.
If you ask most gay adults when they realised they're gay, it's usually well before puberty.
I think you're unnecessarily sexualising being gay in the way that you wouldn't with being straight.

I knew I was bi before I ever hit puberty because I had crushes on boys AND girls. This isn't that difficult.

(I didn't have a name for it then, but I'm glad kids nowadays have access to information that enables them to feel confident and comfortable with who they are)

you know at 9 years old I wanted to be am astronaut.. then policeman etc. But now it's complete different and changed every year onwards. At 9 years old do you really believe a child is taking and understanding their sexuality seriously?! Do me a favour.

so did it I.. but doesn't make me bi now. It's just a crush not a serious understanding of your sexuality.

People who grow up to be straight don't have primary school crushes on members of the same gender.

you're far from human pal.

THIS.IS.NOT.ABOUT.YOU.

You know go back 10 years this kind of thing wasn't even spoke about. And now apparently everyone has the knowledge of sexuality in children. Funny how you lot know so much.

You're only talking in your own perspective. You don't really know how others feel when they are growing up.

When I was 9 I had a huge crush on a little freckle faced boy. Kids are all different. It's not weird.

I never said I did. But what I'm saying is kids don't understand much because their likes and dislikes change alot especially through puberty. How can you not see that?

That sounds like you're saying homosexuality is some sort of a choice, like deciding what job they want to do, something that they change their mind on. It's not.

No, there is not a difference. The only difference is when I was 9, the boys who realized they liked other boys hid it. They didn't just not exist. They were just taught to be scared and ashamed.

I'm kinda surprised that a child at that age was so aware of his sexuality and knew how to commit suidide or would ever think about suicide. I know when I was nine I knew nothing about being "gay". I didn't learn about it until someone is junior high school told me about it.

When did you become aware that you were straight?

I had my first crush when I was 6. Of COURSE it wasn't sexual, but it was definitely "romantic", as in puppy love. Also, when you were his age you were not constantly bombarded with internet and other media sources that showed readily what suicide is, how it's accomplished, why someone might make that decision. You also were not bombarded with constant messages about sex, sexuality, and romantic attractions the way that kids today are. You grew up in a different world than kids today do.

Btw, in those identifying as same sex attracted in absence of abuse, prepubescent, pretty much the rest felt pressure from parents to identify that way as they felt it would please them.

Since prepubescent children are desperate for approval, it's the leading theory on why children claim to be gay, but don't go on to adulthood with same sex attraction.

Two things:
I had a crush on my older cousins boyfriend at a very young age, probably 7 or 8.
I have bipolar and thought about suicide ever since I was little. So, it's not that much of a stretch for someone to a) have a thought about who they like and b) have thoughts about suicide at a young age.

All the anecdotal comments just go to show how no one actually empathizes, understands, or cares. It's a horrible situation and has nothing to do with how you felt about your own self at one time or another.

The state where a baker gets jailed, sued, and harassed, over religion beliefs and nationwide outcry against the baker. However, child commits suicide because he said he was gay, nothing but crickets.

9-year-old Denver boy dies by suicide after being bullied at school, mother says.JPG

Just tragic. Unbelievable that the school is providing all the support for the kids after the boy committed suicide when they continue to not do enough to stop the bullying. And, this is yet another example of the fact that ALL children should be taught from the beginning that NOTHING is so bad that it is worth ending your life over. This is something I repeatedly have reinforced with my son from a very young age. For so long that he simply believes it to be so. I feel so badly for the boy and his family. 9 years old. Just terrible.

The first few comments on this thread are so disgusting. Some 9 yr olds are really mature and curious. I know I was. The real question is... how can 9 yr olds be so evil as to go bully other kids for being gay? They need anti bullying counseling and Jesus in their lives, bcuz telling someone to kill themselves is nothing but pure evil. RIP little angel
❤️ And my sincere condolences to his family.

So very, very sad....can a child aged 9 even fully understand their sexuality??.....aged 9, I was out riding my bike, or swimming or something, I know times have changed but really......very sad for his family......